Post-doc fellow at the Edelstein Center
for the History and Philosophy of Science,
Send me an
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.
Ph.D. in Philosophy of Science,|
Ramat-Gan , Israel.
B.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering,|
Technion, Israel Institute of Technology,
|2003 - present
||Hebrew University , Jerusalem, Israel.|
|2001 - 2003
Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel.
Download the Research
Download my Ph.D.
Dissertation Summary (Hebrew).
Download my Ph.D.
||Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel.|
||Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.|
|Academic Research Area:
||Physics: Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, Origins of Time Asymmetry|
Biology: Origin of Life
- (1998) Dolev, S. and Elitzur, A.C., Biology and Thermodynamics: Seemingly Opposite Phenomena in Search of a Unified Paradigm, The Einstein Quarterly: Journal of Biology and Medicine, 15 24-33,
eprint: physics/0012036 [abs, ps, pdf]
- (1999) Elitzur, A.C. and Dolev, S., Black Hole Evaporation Entails an Objective Passage of Time, Foundations of Physics Letters, 12 309-323,
eprint: quant-ph/0012081 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (1999) Elitzur, A.C. and Dolev, S., Black-Hole uncertainty entails an intrinsic time arrow: A Note on the Hawking-Penrose Controversy, Physics Letter A 251, 89-94 (Erratum, Physics Letters A 255, 369-370),
eprint: gr-qc/0012060 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (2001) Elitzur, A.C. and Dolev, S., Nonlocal effects of partial measurements and quantum erasure, Physical Review A 63, 1-14,
eprint: quant-ph/0012091 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (2001) Dolev, S., Hemmo, M. and Elitzur, A.C., Does indeterminism Give Rise to an Intrinsic Time Arrow?
eprint: quant-ph/0101088 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (2001) Dolev, S. and Elitzur, A.C., Non-sequential behavior of the wave function revealed by multiple IFM,
eprint: quant-ph/0102109 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (2002) Elitzur, A.C., Dolev, S. and Zeilinger, A, Time-Reversed EPR and the Choice of Histories in Quantum Mechanics, Proceedings of XXII Solvay Conference in Physics Special Issue, Quantum Computers and Computing, In press, eprint: quant-ph/0205182 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (2003) Elitzur, A.C. and Dolev, S., Is there more to T? Why time's description in modern physics is still incomplete. Proceedings of The Nato Advanced Research Workshop: The Nature of Time: Geometry, Physics & Perception. In press. New York: Kluwer,
eprint: quant-ph/0207029 [abs, ps, pdf, other]
- (1998) Dolev, S., On the Origin of Life and the need for Template.
Talk given at The Annual Meeting of the Israeli Society for the Search for the Origin of Life, Rehovot, Israel , December 21, 1998.
- (1998) Elitzur, A. C. and Dolev, S., Indeterminism entails an intrinsic arrow of time.
Paper read at The Fourth Interdisciplinary Congress of The International Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Symmetry, The Technion, Haifa, Israel, September 17, 1998.
- (2000) Elitzur, A. C. and Dolev, S., An intrinsic time arrow independent of initial conditions?
Paper read at the International Conference on the Conceptual Foundations of Statistical Mechanics, Jerusalem, Israel, May 25, 2000.
- (2000) Elitzur, A. C. and Dolev, S., Neither guide-wave nor collapse: On some non-contiguous properties of the wave function revealed by delicate measurement.
Paper read at the Workshop on "Quantum Measurement Theory and Quantum Information," Vienna, Austria, December 4, 2000.
- (2001) Elitzur, A.C., Dolev, S. and Zeilinger, A., Inverse EPR using particles whose interaction point lies in the future.
Invited paper read at the XXII International Solvay conference on "The Physics of Communication," Delphi and Lamia, Greek, 24-30 November 2001.v
- (2002) Elitzur, A.C. and Dolev, S., A new class of quantum mechanical paradoxes and its possible bearing on quantum theory.
Paper read at "Quo Vadis Quantum Mechanics? An International Workshop on Possible Developments in Quantum Theory in the 21st Century." Temple University Sugarloaf Conference Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania September 24-27, 2002.
- (2002) Dolev, S., Template Directed Replication vs. Autocatalytic Cycles - The prospects for Darwinian Evolution.
Paper read at The Annual Meeting of the Israeli Society for the Search for the Origin of Life, Rehovot, Israel, December 1, 2002.
- (2003) Dolev, S. and Elitzur, A.C., When one quantum object is measured by another: A new class of quantum paradoxes.
Invited Paper, to be read at Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference, Baltimore, MD, June 1-6, 2003.
- (2005) Dolev, S. and Tamir B., Using Grovers algorithm to identify the number of solutions for a search problem.
Talk given at "What is Quantum in Quantum Computing?" A special workshop in the Centre for Junior research Fellows, Konstanz, Germany, May 19-20, 2005.
- (2005) Dolev, S., Is Scientific Mind-Boby Dualism Possible?
Talk given at IGPP seminar, Freiburg, Germany, July 18, 2005.